Soup and fall just seem to go together, right? Here’s a super-easy recipe for Gingered Carrot & Leek Soup from the folks at Gourmet Garden.
If you’re not familiar with Gourmet Garden products, check out our Freebies post where I discuss them in more detail.
Also, be sure to enter the contest to win a cooler with 11 tubes of their awesome herb products!
Gourmet Garden’s Gingered Carrot and Leek Soup
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add carrots and leeks, cook for 5 minutes or until carrots start to soften.
- Step 2
- Add Gourmet Garden Ginger and Gourmet Garden Garlic, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 3
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Blend soup until smooth.
- Step 4
- Add ½ cup water and return to a simmer. Serve soup in bowls topped with a little yogurt, if desired.