Now, we’ve got three Yonanas Frozen Treat Makers this time, my friends (a $50 value)—enter our Yonanas Giveaway today!
Our Appetite for Health readers LOVE Yonanas Frozen Treat Makers, and it’s easy to see why. Making ice-cream-like desserts out of frozen fruit (thereby cutting fat and adding some nutrients)—what could be better? Ok, winning a Yonanas machine would be better! Entry details are below…
Sweet treats and holidays go together, we know, but wouldn’t it be great if you could make something festive and tasty that’s also healthy? Why yes it would, and one way you can do that is with a Yonanas machine. The Yonanas is a small kitchen appliance that turns frozen fruit into a delicious, smooth dessert that looks and tastes like soft-serve ice cream. It’s an awesome idea for those folks who adore ice cream but want (or need) something more nutritious and lower in fat. (Yes, that’s a gift idea right there—seek out Yonanas at Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond or order from the Yonanas site.)
To get you in a festive mood, Yonanas provided this recipe from their website:
Strawberry Pistachio Terrine
1. Double the Strawberry Yonanas recipe and layer inside a 5 x 7 or similar sized container
2. Layer the Pistachio Yonanas on top
3. Once container is full it is optional to add a layer of cinnamon graham crackers
4. Seal container with the lid and turn it upside down (on the lid) and place in freezer. Freeze over night
5. To remove terrine: remove lid and place on plate pull container up and off of Yonanas (If it will not remove after a few minutes, replace lid and dip the base of the container into warm water, repeating as necessary).
Ingredients: 2 frozen ripe bananas, 8 frozen pistachio cubes.
Directions: In a food processor, grind 12 oz. of shelled pistachios until it looks like grains of sand. In a medium saucepan add ground pistachios to 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened almond milk and 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract and bring to a simmer. Cover and cool. With a teaspoon, fill ice cube trays with pistachio mixture and freeze.
1. Insert 1⁄2 frozen banana
2. Add 2 pistachio cubes
3. Continue alternating 2 pistachio cubes and 1⁄2 frozen bananas
4. Stir in bowl to combine
Ingredients: 2 frozen ripe bananas, 3⁄4 cup frozen strawberries
1. Insert one frozen banana
2. Add 3⁄4 cup frozen strawberries
3. Insert second frozen banana
4. Stir in bowl to combine
Ok, want to win one of these cool appliances? We’ve got five of them lined up for our AFH readers. To enter, be sure that you’ve signed up for our e-newsletter, “Like” us on Facebook and then “Like” Yonanas on Facebook, too. Tell us in the comment section below what holiday treat you’d make with the Yonanas machine if you won. Enter by Friday, December 7 at midnight. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
Remember, if you share this post or any AFH content via Facebook, Twitter or Reddit, let us know where and we’ll put in a good word for you come prize choosing time.
All AFH Terms and Conditions Apply.