What makes a great snack? A combo of carbs and protein with a healthy dose of fat. Carbs will give you energy to keep you going, protein will down the use of your energy and fat keeps you satisfied, prolonging the time until your next meal. You may like to reach for an apple or (hopefully not!) bag of chips. At your next meal, you’ll likely feel ravenous, increasing your chances of overeating. Quinoa is a cool ancient grain that’s high in protein (4 grams of protein for 1/2 cup serving). It’s also got a nutty flavor and when toasted has a great crunch. High in protein, nutty flavor and a crunch–now that’s a making of a delicious balanced snack!
We can thank I Heart Keenwah for packaging up this tasty snack! They mix puffed quinoa flakes and whole quinoa with ingredients like almonds or cashews then drizzle in some all-natural sweeteners like honey, tapioca syrup and raw sugar and you have a snack made in heaven. You’ll love all of the flavors I Heart Keenwah is giving away.
Winners will receive six 4oz bags of
- 2 bags of our Almond flavor I Heart Keenwah
- 2 bags of our Chocolate Sea Salt I Heart Keenwah
- 2 bags of our Peanut Butter Cacao I Heart Keenwah
- Sign up for our free e-newsletter (no spam ever!)
- “Like” Appetite For Health on Facebook and also “Like” I Heart Keenwah on Facebook
- Tell us below what treats you have made with quinoa
Entries accepted until midnight EST, Friday, May 2nd 2014. Remember to check back here to see if you won!
All AFH terms and conditions apply.