Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Power Salad
Power up without filling out with this tasty Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
- 1/2 of 15-oz (425 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen shelled edamame
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients but avocado. Toss gently yet thoroughly until well coated.
2. Just before serving, add avocado and toss gently. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 mL)