- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small red or yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, torn or sliced 500 mL
- 1 cup (half 19 oz/540 mL can) black beans, rinsed and drained 250 mL
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped, or 1/4 cup chopped red onion 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp white wine or white balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 2 tsp honey 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp curry powder or paste 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp cumin 1 mL
- 1. Rinse quinoa well under cool water in fine sieve or in several changes of water. Drain well.
- 2. In large pot of boiling salted water set over medium heat, cook quinoa until tender but still firm to bite, about 15 minutes. Its done when germ separates, making it look like a curly Q.
- 3. Drain well and return quinoa to pot off heat. Cover with tea towel and replace lid, allowing it to steam and producing fluffy quinoa as it cools.
- 4. In large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, mango, pepper, spinach, black beans, cucumber and onions.
- 5. To make dressing, combine canola oil, vinegar, honey, curry and cumin in jar or small bowl and shake or whisk to blend.
- 6. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss until well coated.
Recipe and image courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
Per 1/2 Cup Serving
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|