Buddha bowls are the hottest food trend this year. If you haven’t had one, they’re generally bowls of veggies, healthy grains and a smaller amount of lean protein like poultry or seafood.
Because they’re veggie-packed and have wholesome grains, they tend to be healthy too. Here’s one of our favorites.
Buddha Bowl with Tricolor Penne, Grilled Chicken Breast, Corn and Asparagus
½ box tricolor penne pasta (or any other short pasta)
2 chicken breasts, sliced in half
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
2 rosemary sprigs
2 cups baby green salad
1 bunch asparagus, sliced in half
2 corn on the cob, grilled
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In an air tight container, marinate chicken overnight with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, rosemary sprigs and black pepper.
2. Grill the next day – with corn and asparagus, brushed with extra virgin olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Toss with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil – place on sheet pan to cool down.
4. Cut the kernels off the corn cobs. Slice the chicken breasts – divide all ingredients into 4 bowls.
5. Before serving, season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
Adapted from Passion for Pasta