If you’re going to eat cake, zucchini cake is a healthier twist than other more traditional cakes like red velvet, carrot or German chocolate. With zucchini in the name, it seems like it may be not-so-delicious. Not so with this recipe.
This cake is moist and and is made with fresh zucchini, cheese, and many spices blend to give it an excellent taste and flavor. Actually, it’s a great way to eat more healthy zucchini. This fantastic dessert contains little oil, refined flour or sugar and only 97 calories which makes it a perfect treat for an on-the-go breakfast.
The irresistible spicy flavors and moist textures of this cake will amaze. You’re going to love this Zucchini twist in the cake and can’t resist yourself to have a bite of it. If you are looking for some unique offerings for some marvelous occasion, then nothing could be more special than presenting this cake as a or birthday gift or on any other occasions. So what are you waiting for? Go through the recipe, bake this fantastic delight at your home and serve it to your close ones. We are sure they will definitely go lost in the spicy taste and moist texture of the cake. Just follow the recipe step by step and bake this cake with complete ease. Go ahead and create some beautiful memories with this delicious cake.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Healthy Zucchini Cake:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup shredded zucchini (about 1½ zucchinis)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz. of cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, prepare a 9*9 round baking pan by greasing the bottom and side with the coconut oil or butter or cooking spray or you can also lined it with baking parchment paper as well for easy serving. Lightly dust the pan with the flour and shake out the excess flour.
- Take a medium bowl and add the above-listed ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Whisk it all together well, to remove the crumbs from it.
- Take a large size bowl and put honey, applesauce (unsweetened) and coconut oil, 1 egg and vanilla extract. Mix it all until it becomes smooth. Beat the mixture well.
- Then, add the dry mixture (already prepared in Step 2) into the wet mix (prepared in Step 3) and beat it on medium speed until everything is combined.
- Fold the mixture in the shredded Zucchini.
- Now the batter is ready! So, the next step is to pour the mixture into the prepared baking tins (already prepared in Step 1). Spread the batter well in the baking dish.
- Bake it for 33-35 minutes until the toothpick inserted in it comes out clean or you can check it by pressing the cake gently in the middle. If it springs then your cake is ready. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- When the cake cooled completely then remove it from the oven and keep it aside for some time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese frosting. Take a small bowl and add cream cheese, vanilla extract, greek yogurt and maple syrup. Use a hand mixer to blend it all until it gets smooth.
- Gently spread the cream frosting on the fresh Zucchini cake. You can top it off with the chopped pecans and serve it to your close ones. If you don’t have valuable time to bake it, then you can also order from anywhere and anytime using the online delivery services provided by many e-commerce companies. Turn up the regular days by having a bite of this healthy delight.
This post was provided by Christine Conru.