Appetite for Health is where “Nutrition Pros Eat Their Own Words.” As nationally-recognized nutritionists and nutrition spokespersons, we share what’s in our shopping carts, our favorite recipes and even how we get back on track after slip-ups. This is real life nutrition where we promote progress, not perfection.
What We Offer
Unique Branded Integration Opportunities
Appetite for Health (AFH) is a multi-platform food, nutrition and healthy lifestyle brand that reaches more than 50 million food and nutrition enthusiasts monthly via traditional broadcast TV and online and social media.
Julie and Katherine have made hundreds of appearances on local and national television, including the TODAY Show, Live with Regis & Kelly, The Early Show, CNN, ABC World News Tonight, The CBS Evening News, Access Hollywood, E! Entertainment News and Extra and over 40 local affiliate stations.
As nationally recognized media trained registered dietitians, Upton and Brooking are available for a variety of spokesperson capabilities, including:
- Satellite Media Tour Nutrition Spokespersons
- Live, in-studio segments
- Media briefings for new product launches or campaigns
- Video and Audio News Releases
- Nutrition Spokespersons at Trade Shows
- Presentations for consumers or healthcare professionals
- Bylined articles for consumers and professional publications
Examples of recent work:
Livestrong.com Feature, Surprising Health Benefits of Bananas
Sponsored Posts & Social Media Touts
Sponsored posts are available for select products and services that provide value to our fans. Sponsored posts also receive social media touts via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, among others.
As an option for brands that provide a solution for our fans, Appetite for Health provides digital advertising of all standard sizes on AppforHealth.com.
Freebies are one of the most popular sections of the site and provide a a natural way to discuss products or services that help improve consumers’ health and wellbeing.
As writers and authors, Appetite for Health is available for various writing assignments, including consumer marketing and healthcare professional materials.
Social Media & Online Partners
AFH extends the engagement of the four million AFH viewers by leveraging AppforHealth.com, FaceBook, Twitter and Pinterest. AFH content is also featured on The Huffington Post, WebMD.com, USNews.com, Yahoo.com, Livestrong.com, among others.
As experts in food and nutrition, AFH’s hosts are contributing writers for CookingLight, Prevention, Health and other national publications providing ongoing opportunities to generate national exposure for brands we enjoy.
Appetite for Health Audience Metrics
- >163,000 page views* at AppforHealth.com
- >11,000 subscribers to daily e-newsletter
- >55,000 unique monthly visitors
- >70 million unique monthly visitors via HuffingtonPost.com, Active.com and Livstrong.com
- >21,000 Facebook Fans and 100,000-150,000 monthly Facebook reach
- >8,500 Twitter followers and >100,000 reached monthly on Twitter
*AFH.com uses two reputable third-party services, Clicky Web Analytics and Google Analytics, for daily usage and traffic reports. AFH.com is not registered with Quantcast or any other website monitoring services.
- 86% of AFH’s online and social media are female
- 77% between ages of 25-54 years old, 17% 55+
- 87% have college education and/or vocational education
- 63% earn between 30,000-112,000; 16% earn more than 112,000
- 95% of AFH’s online and social media fans are primary shoppers
- 93% of AFH’s online and social media fans are very likely or likely to try what we recommend
Katherine Brooking, MS, RD received her Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science from Columbia University and her clinical nutrition training at Bellevue Hospital in New York City and Greenwich Hospital in Greenwich, CT. Katherine also holds a Master’s Degree in International Banking and Finance from Columbia University. For more about Katherine, click here.
Julie Upton, MS, RD, CSSD attended the University of Michigan and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition from Michigan State University. She completed her dietetic internship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital. She holds a Master of Science Degree in Nutrition Communications from Boston University. For more about Julie, click here.