It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday so that means football fans everywhere will be looking for a quick and easy guacamole recipes. Avocados are a must-have for Game Day and we’re all for that because avos are loaded with vitamins, minerals and contain beneficial mono and polyunsaturated fats. They’re also a good source of fiber, so they’re considered a source of “healthy” fats that we can enjoy.
Speaking of Joe Montana…I was at SFO airport just two days ago and there was Joe with his wife, Jennifer, in the security line ahead of me. They were headed to Dallas! Made me wonder when the 49ers are ever going to get back to the days when he was the team’s QB.
If you have a favorite guacamole or other way you serve up avocados during the Super Bowl, we’d love to hear about it. We’ll even come up with some kind of prize for the best avocado recipe to tip for Super Bowl that is provided in the comments below.
[sws_box_with_close box_size=”630″ close_button=”” color_box=”sws_green_box” rounded_corners=”10″]
Joe Montana’s Tomatillo Touchdown Guacamole
* 4 medium tomatillos, husks removed and diced
* 4 green onions, sliced
* 2 Tbsp. lime juice
* 2 tsp. green pepper hot sauce
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 4 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
1. Place tomatillos, green onions, lime juice, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
2. Add avocados to bowl and stir to combine, somewhat mashing the avocado.
Avocado Antipasti Kabobs
- 16 (6-in.) wooden skewers
- 10 oz. salami
- 2 firm-ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mini mozzarella cheese balls
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives
- Olive oil spray or balsamic vinaigrette dressing mist
- Italian herbs, optional
- Cut the salami into cubes or wedges about 1-inch wide. There should be enough for one cube per skewer.
- Cut each avocado half into 12 chunks.
- Thread each skewer with a piece of avocado, followed by one grape tomato, a mozzarella cheese ball, another piece of avocado, one piece of salami, an olive, and a final piece of avocado.
- Place skewers on a serving tray and mist lightly with the olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Sprinkle with chopped Italian herbs if desired, and serve.