Try our 25 skinny 100-calorie snacks to help you snack yourself slim! [sws_pinterest_follow4 pinterest_username=”appforhealth” alt_text=”Follow Me on Pinterest”] [/sws_pinterest_follow4]
Since between-meal noshes account for 25% of the calories (more than 450 calories) they’re one of the easiest places to slash calories to help with weight loss. What’s more, the snacks most of us nosh on now are filled with added sugars, saturated fat, sodium and don’t provide a good return for their caloric investment.
Most of us snack at least twice a day but people who struggle with their weight snack mindlessly all day long. Making simple snack substitutions can help you drop lbs easily because most snacks do little–if anything–to keep you satisfied.
3 ways to snack yourself thin
1. Enjoy no more than two snacks a day. Ideally, one should be timed between breakfast and lunch and the other in the afternoon before dinner.
2. Limit each snack to no more than 150 calories. For ideas and inspiration, try our 100-calorie snacks below. These swaps can add up to hundreds of calories shaved from your diet–every day. That will add up to pounds lost.
3. Eat your snacks don’t drink them. Liquid calories aren’t filling so skip them as snacks. This includes soda, fruit juice and sweetened coffee drinks. (Unsweetened coffee and/or tea drinks are fine…necessary in my life.) Sugary beverages do nothing to promote a feeling of fullness (aka satiety) and they’ll likely up your cravings for more sweet foods and make it harder to stick with a healthy diet. [/sws_green_box]
25 100-Calorie Skinny Snacks
- 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese and 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 small nectarines
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg with half-slice whole grain toast
- 30 in-shell pistachios
- 10 almonds or cashews
- 1 large stalk celery stuffed with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1 ounce turkey breast
- 1 ounce mozzarella string cheese and 4 green olives
- 6-8 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 ounce baked tortilla chips with 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 fat-free chocolate pudding cup
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame
- 1 hard-boiled egg with ½ slice toasted wheat bread
- 1 cup chicken noodle soup with 2 saltine crackers
- 1 small (4”) whole wheat pita with 1 Tbsp hummus
- 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1 oz sliced turkey breast and mustard
- 1 3/4 cup red or green grapes
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup berries mixed with 2 Tbsp plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 banana or 2 kiwifruit or 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 apple, sliced with 1 tsp peanut butter